Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reading List (year two)

Well, I haven't posted a hell of a lot lately on this blog, but I have been gaming steadily, and I have been reading continuously. Perhaps blogging inspiration will return this year... perhaps not. Anyway, here are the books I read this year with useful game ideas.

  • The Book of the New Sun, Gene Wolfe (A+)
  • Kraken, China Mieville (C-)
  • Reamde, Neal Stephenson (A-)
  • The Emperor of Dreams, Clark Ashton Smith (B)
  • Slow Apocalypse, John Varley (B+)
  • The Fuller Memorandum, Charles Stross (C)
  • Light, M John Harrison (B+)
  • Postsingular, Rudy Rucker (C)
  • Hylozoic, Rudy Rucker (D)
  • The Gunslinger, Stephen King (C+)
  • Drawing of the Three, Stephen King (C-)
  • The Waste Lands, Stephen King (C)
I'll try to add actual commentary to these as I go along, beyond just a dorky rating system that simply attempts to quantify how much I liked the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment